Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Today is the day...

Day 61

At about 10:45 PM last night, I took Siege's temperature. She dropped to about 98.5 degrees. This is the mark which we have waited. Typically, you'll have puppies on the ground 12-24 hrs from that temperature. At about midnight, she started showing signs of labor. She has been experiencing contractions for most of the night. I think both of us have caught about 20 minutes worth of sleep. I've been on the floor next to her whelping box all night, and am sitting in a chair watching over her as I type this. She is doing rather well considering this is her first experience with this. You can see and feel the pups moving into the birth canal right now. It will take some time for her cervix to be dilated, but I am expecting to have a puppy on the ground sometime late this morning. I have included a picture of her temperature from last night and a video of her starting into labor. I am going to record the birth of the pups and hope to have it linked this evening.

98.5 degree temperature around 1045 PM CST


Here is Siege at the start of the labor process.

Just before I decided to post this she finally dozed off. She'll need the rest. It'll be a long day. I'm going to make an effort to squeeze in about 30 mins too.

Thanks for reading!


**Be Sure to read the older blog posts for more information about this litter.

Deposits are being accepted at this time. $200.00 reserves your pick. $300.00 is due at pickup/delivery of your pup.

Please contact me at: wareagle044@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment