Saturday, March 31, 2012

When they were pups....

It's Day 58 of Siege's pregnancy. Her temperature today was 99.7 degrees. The puppies should be here any day, but we're still waiting on that temperature to drop down to 98 degrees. Here she is prior to this post being made, and you can tell she is ready for this process to be over with:

While we continue to wait for these puppies to get here, I wanted to introduce you to Siege and Stryker in their puppy forms -- maybe it will give you an idea of what to expect your puppy to be like when you bring him to be a part of your new family.

Siege


Here is Siege at 8 weeks of age. She has been playing in the water at a local pond called Conway Acres. She has lived for retrieving since she was a pup and that's what she continues to do today. You could tell from the get-go that she had the makings of becoming a really great dog -- which she certainly has.


Here is 8 week old Siege retrieving a bumper from the water. She has no fear and the fact that the bumper is as big as she is has no relevancy. She was on a mission every time. She didn't care how small she was, she was going to get the job done!


Here is Siege in action as an 8 week old puppy.

Here she is the day that she left for her duck dog training at Runnin Rebel Retrievers in Townley, AL at about 16 weeks of age.

Stryker

Stryker has been such a good dog from the moment I brought him home. I picked him up when he was 15 weeks old, so he was a little more progressed when I got him. He was such a fun pup that loved to retrieve and was an absolutely beautiful dog. Here he is:

This is Stryker the day after I got him home. He still has that same happy look on his face regularly.

Stryker hanging out in his kennel

A born and bred retriever. He loves it.

Always has had a passion for the water

This is one of Stryker's last days as a puppy. He has just turned 1 year old -- we are having the "becoming a man" talk -- one of my favorite pictures of us.


I hope this post has helped you learn a little bit more about Siege/Stryker. I know that these puppies will bring you as much joy as mine have brought to me these past few years.

Deposits are being accepted. Picks are disseminated in the order that the deposits are received. Deposits can be made in the form of a personal check for $200.00 -- the remaining $300.00 will be due upon delivery/pick-up of your puppy. Get your deposit in today!


**Be Sure to read the older blog posts for more information about Stryker and Siege -- their pedigrees -- vet visits -- etc. Stay tuned for more live streaming videos, recorded videos, pictures, and information about this fantastic litter of puppies.










1 comment:

  1. Good day to you my friend. I needed to give you a quick note to express my thanks. I've been studying your blog for a month or so and have picked up quite a lot of good info as well as enjoyed the way in which you've setup your blog. I am attempting to setup my own blog but I feel it is too general. I want to focus more on specific topics. Being all things to all folks isn't all that it’s cracked up to be. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete