Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Puppy Counting

East University Veterinary Hospital

1675 E. University Dr.
Auburn, AL
334-826-0360

Today was Day 55 in Siege's pregnancy. It was time to take her into get a head count of the little ones inside of her. I have used East University Vet Hospital since I moved to the Auburn area in 2005. You will not find a more professional clinic than the one run by Dr's Pete Marine and Monica Hall. They are both Labrador owners and very knowledgeable of what it takes to provide superior care for them. Every time I visit, I leave with 100% confidence that my pet received the best care and attention that they possibly could have. From receptionist, techs, interns, and docs -- it's the best.


After a short wait in the waiting room, Siege was taken back to the X-Ray Department of the clinic for her picture. I could hear the tech's and Dr. Hall guessing litter sizes through the wall. I believe Dr. Hall guessed 9. I thought this was funny because my girlfriend and I were doing the same thing as I drove to the clinic. I guessed 6 and she guessed 8. As it turns out, Dr. Hall was closest with her guess of 9. We are thinking there are 10 or 11 pups just waiting to join us in this world. You can count for yourself in the picture of the X-Ray below. What you do is count the skulls of the pups. You will notice them as small white circles on the X-Ray film. They almost look like jelly-fish.

I will  now officially begin accepting deposits on these puppies. I am going to accept 10 deposits before I start developing a waiting list. If I end up with 11 or 12 puppies, I will then contact those on the waiting list to let them know a pup is available. Deposits will be $200.00 (non-refundable) and you will receive your pick based on the order that deposit is received. The final $300.00 will be due upon pick up of your new friend.


Be sure to read the older blog posts for more information about the sire/dam -- Also, continue to follow along as I plan on having live streaming video, recorded video, images and other updates as the whelping and weaning process goes on. I want you to feel a part of the process and enjoy these puppies as much as I am going to. Thanks!!






3 comments:

  1. I also LOVE the staff at East University Vet Hospital. They are such wonderful people and I wish I still lived there because I really miss them out here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be joining you in Texas not long from now. I'll be sad to leave them behind. Hopefully, someone in the Plano area can half-way please me as much as EUVH

      Delete